September 2020 start
Applications close at 8am on Monday 2 March
Do you want to be part of the newest primary school in Oxford? Lead the development and shape the future of a new school? Embrace a once in a lifetime opportunity to lead the opening of a new school? Become a pillar of the local community?
Are you enthusiastic, child centred, and an aspirational leader? Are you committed to inspiring and supporting all pupils, staff and the wider school community to enable the school to grow?
You will have a strong knowledge across the domains of: Quality of Education, Behaviour and Attitudes, Personal Development and Leadership and Management. You will work in conjunction with the Executive Head teacher to lead and grow the school.
About our school:
Barton Park School is a new primary school, including a nursery and specialist SEND provision, being built on the new Barton Park Housing Development situated on the outskirts of the City of Oxford. Barton Park School has a planned opening date of September 2020; the school will grow over the coming years with a final capacity of 315, with a potential to expand further to 420 subject to demand. Barton Park Primary School is a partner school within The Community Schools Alliance Trust working alongside Bayards Hill Primary School and Cheney School. Barton Park Primary School’s vision has been guided by and echo’s the Trust’s vision of ‘improving every learner’s life chances’.
What will you bring to our staff team?
- Vision, passion and a natural ability lead.
- A role model and aspirational leader with staff personal and professional development always in mind.
- Secure excellent teaching and learning practice through an analytical understanding of how pupils learn and of the core features of successful classroom practice and curriculum design, leading to rich curriculum opportunities and pupils’ well-being.
- Have an entrepreneurial element to maximise income in the school and best utilise money to enhance pupil experience and make teaching and learning the best it can be.
In turn, we offer:
- An opportunity to work and develop in a local academy with a strong sense of moral and educational purpose, with an embedded culture of learning from one another.
- An opportunity to grow and develop a leader through high quality bespoke professional development. This, in turn, will result in our ability to attract and retain the very best educational professionals.
- A school improvement model based on effective brokerage arrangements, which support and challenge all schools to be capable of being exceptional.
- Sharing resources, best practice and expertise with highly skilled professionals from across the trust.
- The support of a strong, experienced and collaborative Trust Central Team.
The position comes with membership to a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.