Barton Park Primary School has an admission number of 30 in total across Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in 2020-21. This will be made up of 15 reception age children in one class, and a second class with a mix of Year 1 and Year 2 children. Where fewer applicants for each year group are received, the school will offer places to children in the alternative year group.
Barton Park Primary School follows the Oxfordshire School Admissions process.
The County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
Admissions officers are responsible for:
- Ensuring that the County Council has clear, fair and agreed school admissions arrangements.
- Consulting on admissions arrangements for community and controlled schools
- Allocating school places and determining the eligibility to free home to school transport, the latter in liaison with the Integrated Transport Unit
- Providing relevant information for, and ensuring County Council representation at, admissions appeals.
- Working closely with School Organisation Officers to ensure sufficiency of school places
- Providing advice, guidance and data relating to admissions
Parents can apply for a place in an Oxfordshire school online at http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/admissions